Friday, September 14, 2012

My Day as a Paparazzi.....

 Oh my god Paris I loooove what you're wearing... no,  Adam I looooo o o vve what YOU'RE wearing!!!

At Milk studios with Paris Hilton and Adam Lambert

This was my first (and hopefully last) experience of what it feels like to be a paparazzi and I must say - not such a fun experience - although I was standing about 30cm's (for those of you out there that haven't yet converted to the metric system ie Americans that's about 1ft) away from Paris Hilton so that was kind of a redeeming factor. How it happened: I was standing in the middle of the runway at milk studios before The Blonds show in the middle of what can only be described as a pre show feeding frenzy aka fabulously dressed people running around taking photos of other fabulously dressed people. When I entered the room I leaned over to my friend and whispered "who am I supposed to be taking photos of I don't know who anyone is" to which she replied "I don't know either- just take photos of the people that other people are taking photos of!" So I went and stood in the middle of the chaos and tried to figure out 'who was someone'. As I stood there overwhelmed, Paris Hilton walked into the room and stood 30cm's away from me - Ahh at last! Someone I recognize! So I turned around and started taking photos of her. Unfortunately EVERYONE else in the room had seen her enter too and had run over to take her photo also - all of a sudden I was surrounded by about 30 photographers all desperate to get Paris's photo! Being pushed around and elbowed in the chest by hysterical members of the paparazzi, desperate to get a photo of Paris is not my idea of fun (well not most days anyway!) I was like a pinball bouncing around from wall to wall (or in this case paparazzi to paparazzi). Some of them were even shouting at her saying things like "Over here Paris, look right at me honey" just to get the prime shot of her looking into their privileged lens!
All in all it was an interesting experience but no, I don't think being a paparazzi is the right career path for me! - I'll leave it to the pro's!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete